- Introduction of architectural and urban competencies amongst the partners of development and humanitarianism processes
- To share the know-how and experiences amongst the professional architects
- To reconsider the divide between the emergency works and that of long term development
- To renew the professional practices by supporting initiatives and innovative projects with an academic or participatory approach
- To identify and reinforce existing competences in the Southern countries and to promote their networking at the International level
- To promote an approach of development based on cooperation and partnerships involving the mutual exchange of experiences and with the active participation of the beneficiaries
A&D contributes to emergence works and a network of competences specialized in architecture and urbanisation, through: the realization of projects, the intervention on specific missions, the sensitizing and the training of (future) the architects as actors of development.