- International Airport : Chatrapati Shivaji International Airport (formerly Sahar International Airport)
- Domestic Airport : Santacruz Airport.
- Railway : Mumbai houses the headquarters of Western Railway and Central Railway wherefrom long-distance trains embark to distant parts of India. The main stations are Bombay Central railway station (Western Railway) and Chatrapati Shivaji Terminus (formerly Victoria Terminus).
- The Mumbai suburban railway consisting of the Central and Western Railway’s suburban network running around 1000 trains daily.
- BEST buses.
- Yellow and black metered taxis.
- 3 wheeled Auto rickshaws in the suburbs.
- Ferry services to Uran, JNPT and Alibag.
- Trams were abandoned on 31 March 1964.
- Hovercraft services too were abandoned in the late 90’s due to high operational costs.
- Helicopter services from Bombay to Bombay High. Are seldom used for intra city transportation due to noise pollution.