The three fundamental objectives of the Bento Rubião Foundation, pursued jointly by the favelas of Rio, are :
- reinforcement of the organization and the expression of the poor communities of the metropolitan area of the city.
- the maintenance of the rights of the children and teenagers, with a strategy of education and sensitization
- projects related to social habitat, the improvement of living conditions of the minorities.
Bento Rubião Foundation’s projects on architecture :
- Land regularization of the favela of Rocinha, Rio de Janeiro, for 1300 families within the framework of a governmental program of the Brazilian Ministry of Cities.
- Negotiations for the right of land and housing, from the occupied lands and buildings in the various districts of Rio
- Earth and cement brick production factory, for the self construction of 130 houses in the community of Nova Iguaçù, Rio.