Mission title :
Reconstruction of Atiquizaya’s Town Hall
Country : El Salvador
Locality : San Salvador
Date of operation : 2002-2003
Mission In-charge : Sandra D’URZO
Requested by : Following the earthquake of January and February 2001, A&D with its expertise for the General Council of the 93 was requested to undertake a pilot project of rebuilding the town hall of Atiquizaya on behalf of the Council General of Seine Saint Denis.
Mission objectives :
1/ To bring its expertise to the works :
- To make the architectural and technical recommendations for the rebuilding of the town hall of Atiquizaya.
- To bring together and coordinate the technical partners : work expertise (the Municipality of Atiquizaya), the CRD (Coordination Reconstruction and Development) in charge of works, the architect or the engineering and design department, the builders (enterprises).
- To set up the procedures for the realization of the work
- To ensure the follow-up of work
2/ To be responsible for the proper utilisation of project funds ;
- To ensure timely payments to the the building owner, in several installements as and when work progresses ;
3/ To control the conformity of project works and signed transactions ;
4/ To ensure work transparency, as a result of the co-operation of the Department and its partners of Seine-Saint-Denis.
Methods of achievement :
1/Mission1 (march 2002) :
- Technical appraise of the existing building
- State of the technical competancies (engineering and design departments, architects, companies), of materials, the costs
- Development of procedures between the contractual partners : CG 93, Municipality, CRD, enterprises
- Suggestions in the form of a report including a schedule of costs and technical recommendations
2/ Work plan on the duration of the works :
3/ Coordination over the duration of the work
Human resources : An A&D architect as consultant
- Team A&D :A parasesmic construction expert for mission 1.
Local partners :
Atiquizaya Municipalty and CRD (Coordination Reconstruction And Development)
Financial Support : Council General of Seine Saint Denis
Available documents : Mission report