The India Together public information initiative. Visit this website for information and news on development, policy and social issues related to India.
● Centre d’Études de l’Inde et de l’Asie du Sud (EHESS-CNRS) _ www.ehess.fr/centres/ceias/present-fr.html
● Centre for Education and Documentation, Inde (CED)
● Institut de recherches en Développement
● Fondation Abbé Pierre
● Revue Environement and Urbanization on line
● UN Habitat
● People’s Union for Civil Liberties (PUCL)
An Indian platform for the defence of Civil Liberties and Human Rights.
humanscape.org is an interactive forum for all those who are concerned about the human situation and would like to contribute towards a positive change.
Glimpses of South Asia before 1947 with photos, movies, postcards...
● Shelter Associates
Shelter Associates is a NGO working in Pune, India comprising architects, planners and social workers. We work with the urban poor, particularly women in informal settlements to facilitate, and provide technical support to, community-managed housing (slum rehabilitation) and infrastructure projects.
● Society for Development Studies
is a research, training and consultancy institution, established in 1984. It provides professional services to national, state and local governments, specialised agencies in the United Nations, financial institutions, development authorities and NGOs. Its major areas of activities are : human settlements ; infrastructure planning ; regional development and urbanisation ; informal sector ; informal finance and credit systems ; resource mobilisation ; poverty reduction ; sustainable development ; monitoring and evaluation systems ; rural development ; NGO activities.
● Upgrading Urban Communities : a resource for practitioners
An interactive format with choices, tradeoffs, tools,
and ’hints’ targeted to administrators and practitioners.